Shelving Instead of Upper Cabinets

I was supposed to be studying for finals *cough* but something needed googling and then links were clicked and pretty soon I found myself reading A Country Farmhouse. I like what she has done with her house. I would not copy much because it's all very white and clean and my household of 6 boys (aged 1 to 57) would DESTROY such a place in no time. I was delighted, however, to see that the shelving I have in mind for our kitchen is a close match to that in Trina's home.



Our counters (waiting to be installed) are from IKEA, just like hers. Our lower cabinets are not at all the same but I am considering painting over the gray with a buttery cream color because I'd like to stain the counters dark. Our walls are currently a clove-y orange but we are considering repainting them a light blue. In particular, I'd like a blue with green and gray undertones. Back to the shelving. I want them on either sides of the stoves. Like Trina, I have a collection of silver and employ white dishes. I'm eliminating all but one upper cabinet because I'm not a huge fan. The one remaining will be for every day glassware, plus a few stemware pieces.

Back to the grind.

Comments

Popular Posts