Checkerboard Goodness

...and yet another pic of the type of floor I so desire:



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj8nMuT4_CeEBDwEmi-cbgKbvAfnU7m7O2DcGwey69so5LyQ-M9g5Sfs6UmbmhnmRR2izSyw7z6_mwxjOt80GY2ZaBAut0CBRwjwQQg_WnaW9FTwOkFMPN0Gw8VSFc0fsyiCUhqCDoosgtv/s400/decorno.jpg

I think it would take a day to rip the ancient and undesired carpet out of the dining room, living room, and upstairs hall. That includes repairing holes, etc. Then, it would take about two days to paint two coats of floor paint on the existing sub-flooring. I'm toying with doing this in just black since we intend to install engineered flooring in the living room and hall in the next year. If I plan for it to take a week, I could just move all of the furniture to the living room while I paint the dining room floor and vice versa. A few days of drying between the swap and we should be good to go. Then, we could move everything out of the kitchen and start that process. The kitchen alone will probably take a month. I can't imagine how long it would take us if we were getting new cabinets or routing new electrical/plumbing *shudder*

Comments

Popular Posts