Another Kitchen Floor Idea

For better or worse, my SPSS presentation is over (90%), my MIS paper is handed in, and two of my four finals are finished. Two more to go...

While looking for something else, I found an example of a plywood floor that had been painted in a checkerboard pattern. The floor looks like it was just laid like normal and then gridded off for painting. Some of the paint has worn down and it makes it look even better. The kicker? It's a commercial application so it sees reasonably heavy traffic.


A slightly different view:


So, I'm torn. I like the look of the planks made from plywood but I also like the ease of using solid sheets. In the end, I will paint a checkerboard pattern on the floor regardless of the wood method...so should I save myself the hassles of cutting and gluing all of those planks?

Comments

Popular Posts